Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

We didn't see eye to eye all the time and argued our fair share, but nothing severs the bond of a mother and daughter.  Even though Mama was taken way too soon, I think of her every day and hope that she is proud of who I have become.  I hope she sees her very handsome grandson and knows that he is a wonderful soul.  I hope she can feel the bond between us and know she is missed and loved.  I hope she can see that I have the greatest husband ever and know that we are good parents to Matthew.  I hope she is proud of all of her children and is watching over us.  I hope she knows she shapes our very futures.  I hope she can feel how strong the Brannen blood runs through all of us!



I am thankful to have my stepmother in my life!  She is always there when I need her and treats me as one of her own.  She fills a void in my life and has the kindest heart! Thank you for taking the "step" out of your title and just being the mom I need.  I love you Deborah!

As I am now a mother, today has even more meaning for me.  I am thankful that Trace gave me his name and a son.  I hope my fellas know how much they mean to me and that I wouldn't trade this life for any other!  They are my world and I love them endlessly and unconditionally!

And of course, this post wouldn't be complete without speaking of my newest child. Lincoln brings me such happiness and I love him deeply!  Then again, who wouldn't love that face?

2 comments left with ♥:

Jenny Price said...

This is an awesome way to pay tribute/ honor the ones you love. Everyone knows how much you love your family.You are an amazing person is so many areas of your life...what mama wouldn't be proud to call you her daughter. God is good and you have been blessed in so many ways and are such a blessing to so many! Hope this Mother's Day was special. Love you always.

Melissa Sands said...

Love right back to you!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs