Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nineteen

Weight.  Checking account balance.  Height.  Blood pressure.  Phone number.  Fat grams.  Calories.  Presidential tracking polls.  Gas prices.  Football scores.  Baseball stats.  Crime rates.  Reading level.  GPA.  Speed limit.  Money.  Birthdays.  Recipe ingredients. Employer ID.  Time.  Grades.  Routing numbers.  Distance.  Serial numbers.  SAT scores.  Age.  Dewey decimal.  Yes, we are a society that focuses on numbers.  My number today is nineteen.  Yet another number that our society focuses on is anniversaries.  And today is our nineteenth wedding anniversary.  19 years.  228 months.  991 weeks.  6,940 days.  166,560 hours.  9,993,600 minutes.  599,616,000 seconds.

In all this time together I still smile when I think about you.  I look forward to the time you come home. I still plan around your job.  I still try to think of ways to surprise you.  I still cry on your shoulder.  I still ask your opinion.  I still seek out your advice.  I still love when you call.  I still stress over what to get you for your birthday.  I still get a thrill from being your valentine.  And, of course, I still love you.

We've been through so much together.   Weddings, funerals, birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, heartbreak, celebrations, parenthood, life in general -- through it all, I've never stopped thanking God for you.  I'm so thankful to have someone to wipe away my tears.  Smile at my stupidity.  Clap for my successes.  Laugh at my blondness.  Turn my dreams into reality.  Redirect my failures.   Shed light on my accomplishments.  You are there no matter the season.

Thank you for being you.  For following through.  Being an example for Matthew.  Making me laugh.  Stretching the honeymoon over a lifetime.  For a life filled with sweet memories.  Sharing your name.  I can't wait to see what our future holds!

I love you forever and always.


0 comments left with ♥:

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs