Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting crafty...

...well, just a little!  My friend Wanda is really the crafty one, but I am trying my best to have a touch of cuteness for Sam's shower.  I settled on a theme of clouds and rainbows and soon found out there isn't a lot out there, but I have been copying most ideas I do find.  Wanda gave me the idea of doing sour cream containers.  Okay, first I thought it would be something way too hard for someone with as little talent as I have and then what in the world would I put in them.  Come to find out they are beyond simple to make and I came up with the cutest idea for the inside!

You can find the directions here.

After making several just to get the hang of it, I learned a few things that may help you out:
1.  Instead of using Sticky Strip, just use double-sided tape.
2.  You don't have to use a crimper if you don't have one (the tape will keep it together).
3.  Any size can be made by adding 1.25 inches for the length.    

Wouldn't this be a stinkin' cute idea for classroom treats.  In the above examples I made, I put all kinds of stuff in them.  Peppermint Patties for St. Patrick's Day; lip gloss, erasers, fingernail stickers, etc. for Valentine's Day.  But I just love what I came up with for my clouds and rainbows party.  I used cloud paper for the outside, stuffed with a snack sized Snickers bar and added a tag that says, "Don't snicker.  It could have been you."  (As in, you could have been the one preggers at our stage in life...LOL!)
You could use this for just about anything... Don't snicker, but would you be my Valentine?  Snicker all you want, but we are going to rock the CRCT!  Don't snicker:  I'm the one with a treat!  How cute would one be filled with Hershey's kisses saying, "Sending my Valentine lots of kisses!"

I'm now working on an idea for Matthew's teachers for Valentine's day... I was thinking of something along the lines of "One of the joys of teaching, hugs and kisses" (Almond Joy, Hershey's kisses and a Little Hug fruit drink) or "Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day with a Coke and a smile, with a side of hugs and kisses" (Coke, Hershey's kisses and a Little Hug fruit drink).  Which sounds cuter?

Pin It

1 comments left with ♥:

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

I like the last one (coke and a smile...)! It's been years since I tasted a "hug" drink and would MUCH rather have a coke! Or better yet, a Dr. Pepper 10! What teacher wouldn't want to be a perfect 10 teacher?

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs