Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh, the excitement!

2011-03-31_12-15-03_1902011-03-31_12-14-48_368

Today had us going to see a dermatologist in Savannah after being referred for a spot on my leg.  It has actually been there for several years, but has started changing in size and color.  Dr. Yeckley certainly has his routine down, because I didn’t even have time to eavesdrop on other people’s cell phone conversations.  As I waited for the doc to come in I was texting Trace in the waiting room.  He texted me back to inform me that there was absolutely no cell phone usage in the patient rooms.  Yeah, right, whatever.  So then I thought I should take a pic of the poster on the wall for my dear friend Wanda, but just as I was trying to snap, in walks the doc.  So much for being slick with my cell phone usage in the patient’s room.  Anyway, I thought he was only going to look at it and schedule another appointment if he needed to do something about it.  Well, after examining the area he said he was going to cut it out.  Those that know me well know I about fell off the table at that point.  So, he goes out and comes back with a little cart and starts telling me what he needs to do.  I probably was turning white at that point.  He said it wasn’t going to be all that bad.  All I could think was “Oooh hell-to-the-no”!  As it turns out, the worst part was the sting from the deadening shot (if you don’t count the sickening smell of burning flesh).  He then told me he was going to cover it with half a Band-Aid.  Say what?  He then went on to say that they no longer could use a whole Band-Aid because (wait for it, wait for it) we are in a recession.  Hardy har har.  Then he thought it would be a good idea to show me the hunk of flesh floating in the jar.  Oh, yuck.  He said he didn’t think it was anything and I would only hear back from the office if there turned out to be a problem. 

After that lovely experience, we headed to Outback on Bay Street.  Above you can see the excitement on the guys faces as we waited.  It has been a wet and soggy Spring Break for me, but as I always say, a bad day off is certainly better than a good day at work! 

2 comments left with ♥:

sfennell said...

Okay...hell to the no he didn't cut something off your leg without backup! I'm surprised you didn't 911 Trace! I swear I have a new sayin.

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Oh, Yeah, Yeah... think of ME when you see pictures of fever blisters on the dermatologists office wall! It's a curse I tell ya! I just filled a 'script for my latest one that I got from my recent dentist visit! Maybe next time I get one I'll just head to see Dr. Y myself!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs