Monday, February 28, 2011

Easy Cake Balls

Melaine shared these with me today at school, so I thought Matthew and I c­­ould give them a try... 

Ingredients
 
IMG_1246

· 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
· 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
· 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating 

Directions
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended. 

IMG_1249


2. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.  Let cake balls cool to room temperature (or stick in freezer for about 20 minutes). 

3. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.  Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

Cake Balls copy

Okay, so this is what they are supposed to look like (grabbed the pic off Google); but mine didn’t turn out so well... Trace said I had to let the cake balls cool more before I dipped them in the chocolate.  Well, dang!  So, I am letting them cool a little more and will try to rewarm the chocolate.  Hope I haven’t messed it completely up... This is the mess I have as I type this post...

IMG_1250

3 comments left with ♥:

Goin_Coastal said...

Okay... the ingredient list doesn't agree with the picture, but I'm liking your choice better. Bet they're yummy! Oh, and you haven't seen a mess until you unleash the Mob Squad in your kitchen with a project ~

Tracy said...

I guess you chose strawberry instead of the chocolate you had listed! Strawberry looks good.

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

And I got no taste of the goods... what's wrong with this picture?? Matt-Matt's little sis didn't even get a taste!!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs