Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sparkles

If you watched Oprah today you have heard about the cheerleaders from Pleasant Valley High School that started the new cheer leading squad, the Sparkles.  This squad is made up of special needs girls that would not normally get the opportunity to participate in extra curricular activities.   The lives of all the girls and their families have been forever changed!  I would say these girls are heroes!

I haven't had time to write about our visit with Charity and the kiddos.  But, I just have to share that I now know why Charity's kid are so sweet.  I was holding Jonathan and he was getting a little fussy.  Charity walks over and takes him and starts changing him into another "outfit".  Not sure what it is called, but when she finished, the young'n was in a straitjacket!  Okay, maybe it wasn't a straitjacket; but, it had the same effect!  Let me just say that child didn't fuss another time!  Alright, alright, maybe it was just a piece of clothing that made "swaddling" much easier, but my explanation was much funnier!  Hey, wonder if they come in Matthew size (I hear it's never too late)!

Matthew has been begging us to put up the Christmas tree.  This is normally part of our Thanksgiving Day tradition (since Charity doesn't do it for me any longer -- as if she has anything else going on), but looks like we will have it up earlier this year!  Tracy brought everything down from the attic before he went hunting, so I guess Matthew and I will get started.   All of you that know me, know I have no crafting/decorating abilities (and I am not just saying that -- I really have NONE).  Well, we have a good start.  Sure wish my hands could do what my mind sees.... hummmm.  More pics to come... (hopefully I will be able to find my flash for the finished shot)! 

Photobucket

4 comments left with ♥:

Kylie said...

LOL!! I have seen those! I agree...they are a jigsaw puzzle with a straight-jacket result! Funny!

Mom of the Hillians said...

The swaddlers are THE BEST!!!!! It really works to calm down a fussy baby. I'm just waiting until they start making them to fit kids at 15, 13, 6, 4, 3, 1 1/2 yrs old. :o) I read something in the comics last weekend that I completely agree with, "I would be a better full-time mom if I had a part-time teenager." LOL
Melissa, the tree looks great. But, Laura is wanting to know which magazine you found the pic of the tree in and what program did you use to crop that pic into your living room background. LOL

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

It's looking beautiful to me! Give yourself some credit girl and just let those creative juices flow!

At least you are HOME to put up a tree! That's another story!!!

Miss my lissa!

Wanda

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs