Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Proud to be an American!

Warriors Walk ~ Fort Stewart, Georgia

I am so proud to be an American!  I am also grateful for the men and women that give, and have given, of themselves to protect the freedoms we mostly take for granted.  Warriors Walk is a breathtaking tribute to those that have given their all to ensure America continues to be the best place in the world to live!  Since 2007, a Christmas wreath has been placed at the tree of each and every fallen soldier at the Fort Stewart Warriors Walk.  You can donate to Wreaths for Warriors Walk to help with the placing of these wreaths.  A very small price compared to what they have given!

Tracy and I were both off today for Veterans Day, but Matthew had school.  We had a really good day just hanging out and just being together.  Not many days that we can just be... I also noticed the first signs of fall over our way.  I just love this time of year, well, all holiday seasons actually.  I'm not one of the people that go all out and decorate (simply because I don't have the talent -- those of you that really know me, know it's true), but love the holidays all the same.  Maybe that is one of the reasons I love this time of year so much -- lots of holidays all pushed together!  Certainly have a great deal to be thankful for and the Christmas season is more of a state of life than a season. 

And, Riley being the king of the hill, as always!

Photobucket

1 comments left with ♥:

tara said...

Love the pic of Riley!! The first pic is AWESOME!! :~) Thanks for sharing...

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs