Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thank You!

First off I need to say thank you to my wonderful husband for such a sweet surprise!  He has had "permissions" to post since I started my first blog, but has never posted anything.  So, it was such a pick-me-up when I saw it!

I am so blessed to have friends like you!  I've had a great birthday, despite getting up at 6:00 AM when Tracy's alarm went off.  I was spastic trying to get out of the door.  I managed to leave at 6:20 with Tracy's help.  He found me something to wear and ironed it for me.  Only for me to tell him I had just wore that skirt last week.  LOL!  Being the laid back man that he is, he just got me something else.  He fixed my water cup and had everything in the car when I came running out with my toothbrush!  Yes, took my toothbrush, but NO toothpaste.  After asking everyone I could think of if they had some (and getting a bunch of "NOs" and twice as many "looks"), I tracked some down in the nurse's office.  I didn't think that was such a strange request, I kept all that kind of stuff in my office when Matthew went to school with me.

I got the cutest stuff from several people at school!  I got the CUTEST dress and shirt from Angela (she always wears the cutest stuff) and some caramel chocolate.  J'Wanda gave me a Paula Deen candle (love it -- Heidi, you can come over when I burn it -- LOL)!  Mrs. Main gave me a B&B gift card (so need some new body butter)!  Susan and Kellie gave me B&B, Mike & Ikes (one of my favs), and one of the signs Kellie has been painting.  (Must say my guys were mighty disappointed that I didn't come home with a Fennell cheesecake -- guess they didn't believe me when I told them I told her NOT to make me one -- I could eat the whole dang thing in 2 days -- but, I guess I'll have to get put back on the Christmas list).  And, lots and lots of cards (Matthew is having fun with Melaine's -- LOL!) and hugs. I have such good friends!  Plus, Susan and Kellie got me lunch!  YUM!


Okay, all of you that know me, know I HATE going anywhere on the weekends.  So, when Tracy wanted to go to Savannah this past Saturday for my birthday, I just gave him the "look".  I had already told him I wanted clothes for my birthday (seeing how I can't get into any of my pants), so he couldn't understand when I didn't want to go.  At any rate, I guess I'll have to suck it up and go this weekend.  Grrrr!  But, I did get a huge bag of Mike & Ikes from Matthew (no wonder my pants don't fit).  And, of course, the two sweetest cards! 

I know ya'll will think I'm crazy, but Tracy posting to my blog is by far the best gift I have gotten in a long, long time!  It just meant a lot to me that he would take the time to do it just because I like to blog (something from the heart is always much better than something from the store)!!!  Love me some Trace! 

We did go look at me a new car this afternoon.  I so want a new Camaro.  So, we'll see.  They are on backorder at the dealership, so maybe I can talk myself out of it before one is available.  :)
Photobucket

5 comments left with ♥:

Tracy said...

Glad you had a good one! BTW, I have the toothpaste! I have a little of everything; you just never know.....even deo!!!

sfennell said...

Me too....I have to keep toothpast since my child likes to get out of brusing her teeth if she can. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday! Love ya!

HB Deal said...

This is an awesome post! :) CALL ME when you get that candle burning!

Goin_Coastal said...

Yeah, I love me some Trace, too! But, why talk yourself out of the camaro? You only live once ~ And I'd SO love to ride in it!

KRZeigler said...

Get the car!!! WOOHOO!!!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs