Friday, September 4, 2009

Blessed

Sixteen years ago I promised to take Tracy, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

I must say it is the second best decision I have ever made (the first being accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior).

Tracy has been my best friend in good times and bad.  He understood when I fell apart when my parents divorced.  He held my hand as he told me about the death of my Mom.  He wiped my tears away when I almost lost our son.  He held me up when I was in ICU for weeks.  He celebrated with me when I got my doctorate degree.  He listens when I complain about nothing.  He leaned on me when he lost his brother.  He gives me ideas and suggestions when I am at a loss.  He cries when I hurt.  He is simply there.  He never complained when I got fat.  He supports me when I go after my dreams. He puts me first.  He tells me when I am wrong.  He loves me.  He forgives me.  He is an exceptional father.  He trusts me.  He balances me.  He is generous with heart and spirit.  He protects me. He respects me. He sacrifices for me.

He is with me as I begin every day and kisses me good night at the end of each day.  Simply put, he completes me.  God has blessed me over and over again by giving me the perfect partner in life.  I don't tell him often enough what a good husband he is, but I know in my heart that he is secure in that love. 

Photobucket

9 comments left with ♥:

Tracy said...

Oh how sweet! You're about to bring me to tears on this early Friday morning! :) I agree you have a good one, and I can tell he is exactly where he wants to be!! :)

tara said...

How sweet is that? I have to agree with Tracy D!! I just read this with tears in my eyes. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! :~)

Debby said...

Oh yea, the tears are flowing!!! I don't personally know you Melissa (I'm Heidi's mom) except thru your blog which I read daily. (I've known Tracy for years and KNOW he is a super guy, comes from good stock.) BUT I can tell you one thing I've learned. Yes, you are lucky to have Tracy but you know what - HE IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU!!!! Congratulations on 16 years!

KRZeigler said...

This is too sweet and loving. I know that you are Tracy will be together forever. Ya'll are both very lucky to have each other. Love ya'll lots!

Goin_Coastal said...

Blah, blah, blah... Such mushy, gushy smutz. You know we hate ya'll, and wish the worst on you. (LOL).

Love my brother like, well, a brother, and thank him for giving me the sister I never had.

HB Deal said...

What can I say? I so agree with all of these comments. God has blessed you both. Your family is complete with your precious son. Hope you have many many more years of happiness! :) This is great Melissa! Thanks for sharing! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Kristina said...

Happy Anniversary to yall both. Too many more years. This about made me cry. Yall two are the sweetest.

sfennell said...

Okay...I cried too. You are blessed and couldn't happen to a sweeter person. Love YA!

Happy Anniversary!

mhsands said...

Thank you guys for all your kind remarks and support. Good friends make life sweet!

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs